Here is what Turkey aspires for in 2023 and its vision for 2053
If you are interested in following up on Turkish affairs or keeping up with the news in general, you must have heard this sentence: “Turkey’s goals for 2023.” But what is meant by Turkey’s goals for 2023? What is the reason behind the Turkish president mentioning this phrase in every speech he delivers!? This is what we will know in the next article … an enjoyable read.
What does 2023 mean for the Republic of Turkey?
We should go back in time a bit, and search the folds of history to be able to answer this question, specifically a century before our present time, when the Islamic nation experienced the fall of the Ottoman Empire, which ruled on the throne of 600 years, until the First World War came, which the world witnessed With its end, the Treaty of Lausanne was signed between Turkey and the victorious Allied Powers during World War I.
That treaty, which stipulated the abolition of the Ottoman Empire, to be replaced by the secular Turkish national republic led by the late President “Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.”
The treaty bound Turkey with many shackles, as it stipulated:
- The abolition of the Ottoman Empire and its transformation into a secular state
- Confiscating all the money of the Ottoman Empire and banishing the Sultan's family outside Turkey
- The Turkish Republic waived its rights in Sudan and Egypt and curbed its control over Cyprus, Libya and other countries
- Granting the right to Bulgaria and Greece to draw borders with the Turkish state
- Turning the Bosphorus Strait into an international waterway, while depriving Turkey of the right to collect fees through it, and for this reason Turkey tended to dig New Istanbul Water Canal
In view of what was previously mentioned and the Treaty of Lausanne, which restricts Turkey and prevents it from taking any step related to the aforementioned items before the passage of a hundred years since the signing of the treaty, we can understand the importance of 2023 and the phrase Turkey’s goals for 2023 that the Turkish president constantly repeats, as the treaty will end in 2023 and this date will be It is like a feast day for Turkey, a day when Turkey gets rid of the restrictions that were for it deadly restrictions.
Turkey's goals for 2023 and Erdogan's promises to Europe!!
In his speech during the seventh conference of the Justice and Development Party in the gymnasium in the capital, Ankara, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan vowed specifically to the countries of the world and Europe that the year 2023 will witness the birth of the state of Turkey again, stressing that this birth will shatter expectations.
And that the officials of his party, the “Justice and Development Party,” are continuing to work to achieve Turkey’s goals for the year 2023 and to lay the foundation stones for Turkey to witness an unparalleled breakthrough.
What has Turkey achieved so far from the goals of the year 2023?
At the same conference, Erdogan thanked the leader of the Nationalist Movement Party, Devlet Bahceli, for his participation in the People's Alliance on Turkey's path towards achieving its desired goals for the year 2023 and its vision for the year 2053.
- Stressing that his party has derived courage and strength from the ancient history of the Turkish people, which extends for thousands of years.
- He pointed out that the Justice and Development Party has been able to strengthen the foundations of democracy in the country, by raising the will of the people and continuing reforms at all levels.
- And that the Justice and Development Party has raised the education budget in Turkey from 7.5 billion liras to 147 billion liras over the past few years.
- In addition to providing “Turkish Knowledge Endowment” support to more than 43 countries in the field of education
- adding; Turkey has achieved complete self-sufficiency in agricultural products
- Construction of suspension bridges, airports and ports by the party.
- Increasing agricultural production revenues to 333 billion Turkish liras, from 37 billion
- Pointing out that the agricultural sector exports exceeded 20 billion recently
- Increasing the number of establishments concerned with sports from 1,575 to 3,907
- Demand for the construction of the city of money in Istanbul
- Strengthening the health sector by increasing the number of hospital beds from 164 to 253 thousand.
- Increasing medical cadres from 378 to 1,177,000.
- Providing aid to the needy with a value exceeding 411 billion Turkish liras
- Entering into huge investments in the field of transportation and communication in Istanbul, with a value exceeding 932 billion liras.
- Strengthening infrastructure, highways, railways, airports and ports
- As for tourism, Turkey plans to attract 75 million tourists annually in the coming periods.
- Exports increased from 36 billion to 170 billion dollars.
What is the relationship of Turkey's goals for 2023 with real estate?
Mr. Farouk Akbal, Chairman of the Real Estate Promotion Abroad Association “GIGDER”, said that Turkey seeks to increase the income of real estate sales to foreigners in 2023 to break the $15 billion barrier, and $20 billion in 2025 as expected.
Saying that this is the least estimate when looking at the huge numbers of foreign investors, especially Arabs, who have come to prefer living and investing in Turkey during the last decade.
Stressing that these investors are an important value for Turkey, and that with the help of the members of the “GIGDER” association, they will be able to encourage and attract them continuously, with many advantages such as the advantage of obtaining Turkish citizenship in exchange for an investment of $ 250,000 thousand.
And that Turkey is working hard to make Istanbul an international center for real estate investment in record time.
What is the truth about the fluctuations that Turkey is witnessing at the present time?
Erdogan stressed that the fluctuations in the markets during the recent crisis do not at all reflect the true picture of the Turkish economy, and that some sectors in his country are witnessing a significant recovery despite their inactivity in other countries, referring to the real estate sector.
He also praised Turkey's economic growth despite the Corona crisis during the past year, as the growth rate reached 1.8, and thus Turkey ranked second after China within the Group of Twenty, which qualified it to be the first candidate instead of China for the production of European and American goods.
And he added, “Despite the huge recession caused by Corona in the world, Turkey will be ranked first in the world, in the field of aviation and flights, as it has the largest aviation infrastructure.
He promised that Turkey's economy will improve in the coming periods, by focusing on effective investments, production, export and employment of manpower.
Pointing out that Turkey was at the forefront of countries that have proven to be continuously resistant to shocks, thanks to its flexible dynamism and permanent preparations for any risks.
And he went on: I call on foreign investors to believe in Turkey's capabilities and strength, stressing that Turkey will reach levels that exceed expectations, by developing and refining the economy on the basis of investment, production, employment and export in the coming periods, to ensure the achievement of Turkey's goals for the year 2023 and then 2053 through the People's Alliance.